AMMS - Automated Microcode Management System
for IBM RS/6000, pSeries, AIX systems
- Automatically determine firmware/microcode requirements on any AIX systems
- Automatically download firmware/microcode updates from IBM
- Automatically upload firmware/microcode updates to remote systems
- Automatically prepare remote systems for new firmware/microcode installation
- Automatically generate IBM Microcode Discovery Service reports
- Automatically notify administrator of systems prepared for firmware/microcode update
- Automatically schedule firmware/microcode update through external change control system
- Mechanism works with or without HMC (does not require or utilize HMC)
The AMMS software is packaged as part of the
automated deployment appliance.
One of the most difficult administration tasks in an AIX environment
is attempting to keep the firmware and microcode up-to-date. Mt Xia has
devised an automated method of gathering the Microcode information,
determining which microcode needs to be updated, generating reports, and
uploading the required microcode updates to each individual system.
NOTE:This automated firmware/microcode update and
reporting system works with or without an HMC.
This firmware and microcode management system can be scheduled to
run on a daily, weekly, monthly, or any other periodic basis to
determine which system require firmware/microcode updates, what
firmware/microcode is required, retrieve only that firmware/microcode,
upload the firmware/microcode to each individual system, and prepare the
system for the firmware/microcode update.
If desired, this firmware/microcode management system can be
configured to notify the administrator of systems that have been
prepared for firmware/microcode updates, and automatically send a change
request to schedule the firmware/microcode update.