Hardware Management Console (HMC)
currently have one or more IBM AS/400, iSeries, or pSeries systems that
you want to relocate to a data center environment?
If so, then we have the solution for you. In our data centers, we
provide our clients with access to IBM Hardware Management Console (HMC)
services for the purpose of remotely planning, deploying, and managing
their IBM AS/400, iSeries, and pSeries equipment.
Please contact us to reduce
your costs associated with administering IBM AS/400, iSeries, and
pSeries systems by locating that equipment with us in our data centers,
and utilizing the remote HMC environments we provide.
What is the HMC?
The IBM Hardware Management Console (HMC) for iSeries and pSeries
provides a standard user interface for configuring and operating
partitioned and SMP systems. The HMC supports the system with features
that enable a system administrator to manage configuration and operation
of partitions in a system, as well as to monitor the system for hardware
What does the HMC do?
- Creates and maintains a multiple-partitioned environment.
- Displays a virtual operating system session terminal for each partition.
- Displays virtual operator panel values for each partition.
- Detects, reports, and stores changes in hardware conditions.
- Powers managed systems on and off.
- Acts as a service focal point for service representatives to determine an appropriate service strategy and enable the Service Agent Call-Home capability.
- Activates additional resources on demand.
Systems Immediately Available
AIX 5.3: Two systems immediately available now
AIX 4.3.3: One system immediately available now
Solaris 10 on Sparc: One system immediately available now
Solaris 10 on x86: Multiple systems immediately available now
Solaris 9 on x86: One system immediately available now
Solaris 8 on x86: One system immediately available now
CentOS 5.4 Linux x86: Multiple systems immediately available now
Suse 11.1 Linux on PPC: One system immediately available now
Systems Available in 24 hours
AIX 6.1: Power7/Power6/Power5
AIX 5.3: Power6/Power5/PowerPC
AIX 5.2: PowerPC
AIX 5.1: PowerPC
AIX 4.3.3: PowerPC
IBM i 6.1: Power6
i5/OS V5R4: Power6
HP/UX 10: PA-RISC
HP/UX 11: PA-RISC
HP/UX 11i: Itanium
AIX 7: Power7
CentOS 5.5 Linux: x86
Suse 11.1 Linux: PowerPC
Call for information: 615.556.0456 (Dana French)