What is Disaster Recovery?
Disaster Recovery is the implementation of a prepared project plan
which describes the tasks necessary to recover critical business
functions after a disaster. The recovery occurs between geographically
separated data centers using one or more methods of storage replication
between the data centers.
- Disaster Recovery Planning is the process of creating the disaster recovery project plan.
- The goal is to minimize downtime for business functions, not systems.
- Business function recovery times and maximum allowable data loss is specified during the business impact analysis.
- Implementation of a disaster recovery plan requires management declaration of a disaster.
- Initiation of the disaster recovery plan is a manual process.